Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Burton Slams McCain

Obama campaign spokesperson Bill Burton on the new McCain ad:
"It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls -- a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds. Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn't define what honor was. Now we know why."
The "honor" reference, by the way, comes from this Time magazine article, where the following interaction (with McCain) is reported.
There's a theme that recurs in your books and your speeches, both about putting country first but also about honor. I wonder if you could define honor for us?

Read it in my books.

I've read your books.
No, I'm not going to define it.

But honor in politics?
I defined it in five books. Read my books.

No comments: